Multi-symbol robots and indicators

Romanov Capital -- NDD STP broker \\\ https://en.romanovcapital.com \\\ Custom Robot and Indicator development \\\ email: calgo(at)romanovcapital.com
RE:

cAlgo_Development said:

We added new functionality to cAlgo - the ability for robots and indicators to work with multiple symbols. Now it's possible to use multiple symbol prices, OHLCV series and trade different symbols.

Requesting symbol

Robots and indicators can request a symbol specifying its symbol code. Symbol objects behave like the default Symbol object of a robot or indicator, containing current Ask, Bid, PipSize and other useful properties.

Symbol symbol = MarketData.GetSymbol("USDJPY");

Print("Symbol: {0}, Ask: {1}, Bid: {2}", symbol.Code, symbol.Ask, symbol.Bid);

Requesting OHLCV series

Robots and indicators can request OHLCV series for multiple symbols and timeframes and build indicators based on it.

MarketSeries series = MarketData.GetSeries("EURCAD", TimeFrame.Minute15);
MovingAverage ma = Indicators.SimpleMovingAverage(series.Close, 20);

Print("Symbol: {0}, TimeFrame: {1}", series.SymbolCode, series.TimeFrame);
Print("Last Close: {0}, Average Close: {1}", series.Close.LastValue, ma.Result.LastValue);

Trading multiple symbols

Robots in cAlgo can execute orders for different symbols. To do this, the robot must request the needed symbol by its code. Then, it will be possible to use it in a trade request:

Symbol symbol = MarketData.GetSymbol("GBPCHF");
 ExecuteMarketOrder(TradeType.Buy, symbol, 10000);

The new version of our Demo cTrader and cAlgo is released and can be downloaded from www.spotware.com

Backtesting of Multi-symbol robots in not supported at least for now. It can be implemented in future.

Is it possible to access bid/ask as time series? i.e. bid[index]. I don't see t1 as option timeframe  MarketData.GetSeries("EURUSD", TimeFrame.t1), or is that something I would have to build myself?

Thanks

RE:

cAlgo_Development said:

We added new functionality to cAlgo - the ability for robots and indicators to work with multiple symbols. Now it's possible to use multiple symbol prices, OHLCV series and trade different symbols.

Requesting symbol

Robots and indicators can request a symbol specifying its symbol code. Symbol objects behave like the default Symbol object of a robot or indicator, containing current Ask, Bid, PipSize and other useful properties.

Symbol symbol = MarketData.GetSymbol("USDJPY");

Print("Symbol: {0}, Ask: {1}, Bid: {2}", symbol.Code, symbol.Ask, symbol.Bid);

Requesting OHLCV series

Robots and indicators can request OHLCV series for multiple symbols and timeframes and build indicators based on it.

MarketSeries series = MarketData.GetSeries("EURCAD", TimeFrame.Minute15);
MovingAverage ma = Indicators.SimpleMovingAverage(series.Close, 20);

Print("Symbol: {0}, TimeFrame: {1}", series.SymbolCode, series.TimeFrame);
Print("Last Close: {0}, Average Close: {1}", series.Close.LastValue, ma.Result.LastValue);

Trading multiple symbols

Robots in cAlgo can execute orders for different symbols. To do this, the robot must request the needed symbol by its code. Then, it will be possible to use it in a trade request:

Symbol symbol = MarketData.GetSymbol("GBPCHF");
 ExecuteMarketOrder(TradeType.Buy, symbol, 10000);

The new version of our Demo cTrader and cAlgo is released and can be downloaded from www.spotware.com

Backtesting of Multi-symbol robots in not supported at least for now. It can be implemented in future.

Is it possible to access bid/ask as time series? i.e. bid[index]. I don't see t1 as option timeframe  MarketData.GetSeries("EURUSD", TimeFrame.t1), or is that something I would have to build myself?

Thanks