Devs - Backtesting really, really slow after latest update

lithast since: 11 Jun 2014; 
 06 Feb 2020, 01:23
Devs - Backtesting really, really slow after latest update

Hi guys,

My cTrader application took an update this morning, and backtesting is extremely, extremely slow after the update. The version indicated is 3.7 and the update seems to have made MarketSeries obsolete in favour of a new API for "Bars". I've updated my bots to use Bars instead of MarketSeries.

Backtests that were taking 10 seconds to complete previously are now taking 5 minutes to complete. Results are identical.

Any ideas?

Thanks

aleksief since: 17 Sep 2019; 
 06 Feb 2020, 15:05
RE:

lithast said:

Hi guys,

My cTrader application took an update this morning, and backtesting is extremely, extremely slow after the update. The version indicated is 3.7 and the update seems to have made MarketSeries obsolete in favour of a new API for "Bars". I've updated my bots to use Bars instead of MarketSeries.

Backtests that were taking 10 seconds to complete previously are now taking 5 minutes to complete. Results are identical.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Same thing !!! Backtesting NOW - ULTRA SLOW :((((((((

07 Feb 2020, 01:08
RE: RE:

aleksief said:

lithast said:

Hi guys,

Any ideas?

Thanks

Same thing !!! Backtesting NOW - ULTRA SLOW :((((((((

I noticed another thread here reporting the same issues. Not sure if its relevant but my Broker is also Pepperstone.

If there is  way to rollback to the previous version so I can continue working, that would be appreciated.

Panagiotis Charalampous since: 13 Jan 2017; 
 07 Feb 2020, 10:52

Hi all,

We have identified a performance issue in indicators. We will fix it and push a hotfix soon

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Head of Community Management at cTrader
Panagiotis Charalampous since: 13 Jan 2017; 
 07 Feb 2020, 11:30

Hi again,

As a temporary workaround, please add the below code snippet to your cBots/Indicators

private MarketSeries _ms;

public new MarketSeries MarketSeries
{
    get
    {
        if (_ms == null)
            _ms = base.MarketSeries;
        return _ms;
    }
}

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Head of Community Management at cTrader
 07 Feb 2020, 14:31

Fantastic, appreciate the fast response on this one guys,

07 Feb 2020, 14:39
RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi again,

As a temporary workaround, please add the below code snippet to your cBots/Indicators

private MarketSeries _ms;

public new MarketSeries MarketSeries
{
    get
    {
        if (_ms == null)
            _ms = base.MarketSeries;
        return _ms;
    }
}

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Worth noting that this made a slight difference. However, I'm guessing that because I'm using a bunch of indicators which are included in cTrader where I can't apply this workaround, it's still pretty slow.

TraDerMaTriX since: 24 Jul 2012; 
 07 Feb 2020, 15:59

yes for me too, no change ..
trust the team that will solve the problem

Mparama  since: 11 Oct 2016; 
 10 Feb 2020, 03:47
RE:

lithast said:

Hi guys,

Any ideas?

Thanks

That's my problem as well and not using any Indicators...!!!!

12 Feb 2020, 00:15

Hi Panagiotis,

Is there any kind of timeline you can provide for the hotifx? I've had to put development of any new systems on hold while this is addressed and it would be nice to get back to it.

Thanks mate