Copying the relax1 strategy from Urai

Shares4us since: 01 Apr 2020;

04 Nov 2020, 09:27
Copying the relax1 strategy from Urai

After some more research and discussions i declare my original Post is Obsolete.
What happened:
I researched urai/relax, saw his statement on relax1 (derivative of relax) and decided to follow relax1.
Unfortunately there was an imposter that named his strategy relax 1     (so with a space in between), hardly visible on a small screen.
Thinking i followed relax1 i actually was following relax 1.
That imposter (centimet91) depleted my account within an hour)

SO:  CHECK CHECK AND CHECK if the CTID is the same and if the strategy name is EXACTLY the same.

Looking at the reactions to this post, more people had their account zeroed out by this scammer so be very carefull when following a copy strategy.
Let's all work on improving ourselves and the platform so mistakes like this will be minimized in the future.
I posted a suggestion on 

Please improve comment and upvote

+++++O B S O L E T E   P O S T ++++++
I tried the relax1 strategy from urai
This is a strategy that looked stable (according to urai it is the derivative of relax)

Suddenly I get a mail saying.

"The strategy "Relax 1" that you are following has been stopped by the provider"

Checking it, it shows the account balance is ZERO !!!!!!
It shows many losing trades all set in a short timeframe on EURUSD that totally depleted the account

What is weird:
- In the copy advertisement from relax1 (https://ct.icmarkets.com/copy/strategy/14462) the account is still going strong and shows no losses!
- On my account i can not see any trades that made this loss.

Can someone please explain WHAT HAPPENED HERE!

best rgds.

adzpapz28 since: 04 Nov 2020;

04 Nov 2020, 09:31
RE:

Same thing happened to me

04 Nov 2020, 09:35
RE:

04 Nov 2020, 09:35
RE:

Turns out there was an imposter account with the same strategy name relax1 but the provider was not urai.  The fact that ctrader can allow duplicate strategy names is the problem and I lost alot of money.  Not happy.

PanagiotisCharalampous since: 13 Jan 2017;

04 Nov 2020, 09:47

Hi adzpapz28,

cTrader Copy does not allow the same names for different strategies or same cTID names but similar names are possible. You should always carry out some due diligence before following a strategy.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Head of Community Management at cTrader

04 Nov 2020, 11:25
RE:

OBSOLETE

04 Nov 2020, 11:35
RE:OBSOLETE

OBSOLETE

PanagiotisCharalampous since: 13 Jan 2017;

04 Nov 2020, 14:01

Hi Shares4us,

Our support investigated the issue. You followed a different strategy than the one you are claiming. The strategy name was  "Relax 1" ans was provided by a different cTrader ID.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Head of Community Management at cTrader

aariassanta since: 11 Oct 2019;

05 Nov 2020, 09:35
Same issue occurred to me

I made also , as Share4us, the due dilligence checking the name and the history of the strategy, the provider background and the reference coming from the main strategy, and the money in the copied account has blown in just 2 hours. 

winning.pips since: 05 Nov 2020;

05 Nov 2020, 22:10

Can someone explain to me how this can happen? are they placing orders at wierd values from another account and then matching them with the copy account to basically transfer funds?

I don't understand it, and it worrys me because I am also interested in copy trading, but now I am not so sure...

Regards,

Peter