What does "volume" mean exactly in ctrader's candle chart?

RedSeaBro since: 10 Apr 2021;

  03 Jan 2022, 11:03
What does "volume" mean exactly in ctrader's candle chart?

What does volume mean in ctrader's candle chart? For example, in the below figure, the volume says 103 (see the red square). What does 103 mean exactly? Does it mean there are 103 positions opened or closed in that bar?

Furthermore, I am using ic markets as broker. Based on my understanding, ic markets uses ECN to give clients direct access to its liquidity providers. So the volume here just include the clients who use ctrader, or all the clients who use ic markets as broker, or include all the liquidity providers?

PanagiotisCharalampous's avatar

PanagiotisCharalampous since: 13 Jan 2017;

  03 Jan 2022, 11:09

Hi there,

What does 103 mean exactly?

It's the number of ticks received during that bar

 So the volume here just include the clients who use ctrader, or all the clients who use ic markets as broker, or include all the liquidity providers?

You should ask IC Markets about this.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook 

Head of Community Management at cTrader

RedSeaBro since: 10 Apr 2021;

  03 Jan 2022, 11:12
RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi there,

What does 103 mean exactly?

It's the number of ticks received during that bar

 So the volume here just include the clients who use ctrader, or all the clients who use ic markets as broker, or include all the liquidity providers?

You should ask IC Markets about this.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook 

Thanks Panagiotis. What does one tick mean?

PanagiotisCharalampous's avatar

PanagiotisCharalampous since: 13 Jan 2017;

  03 Jan 2022, 11:15

Hi,

A tick is a change in the Bid or Ask price.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook 

Head of Community Management at cTrader

RedSeaBro since: 10 Apr 2021;

  03 Jan 2022, 11:30
RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi,

A tick is a change in the Bid or Ask price.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook 

So for example if the price changes from 1 to 1.0005 and then drops to 0.9995 in a bar. The volume (number of ticks received) is 10 ticks (suppose a tick is 0.0001). Is my understanding correct?

PanagiotisCharalampous's avatar

PanagiotisCharalampous since: 13 Jan 2017;

  03 Jan 2022, 11:40

Hi,

No, a tick is a change in price. What you described is three changes in price. This means three ticks. Each time the price field blinks, it's one tick.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook 

Head of Community Management at cTrader

RedSeaBro since: 10 Apr 2021;

  03 Jan 2022, 11:55
RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi,

No, a tick is a change in price. What you described is three changes in price. This means three ticks. Each time the price field blinks, it's one tick.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook 

I see your point. It makes total sense. Thanks a lot!

Regards

Bowen

janhuester since: 10 Jun 2021;

  25 Jan 2023, 14:41
RE: RE:

RedSeaBro said:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi,

No, a tick is a change in price. What you described is three changes in price. This means three ticks. Each time the price field blinks, it's one tick.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook 

I see your point. It makes total sense. Thanks a lot!

Regards

Bowen

 

Hello, where can i get the number of ticks from a specific candle, like in this example 103?

Regards

PanagiotisChar's avatar

PanagiotisChar since: 15 Sep 2022;

  26 Jan 2023, 09:50
Cofounder and Chief Technologist at Aieden Technologies