Simulator

20 Feb 2015, 23:28Simulator#1
usynnposts: 13since: 13 Feb 2015

Hi there, is it possible for us to be able to backtest/run a simulator which runs through tick data and simulates historical data as if it were happening in real time. There are many such simulators for MT4 where you can speed up and slow down the simulator. I usually use MT4 for simulator trading but I've created my own custom indicator with cAlgo and would like to sim trade in cTrader with historical data. Also, the ability to use tick-data, certain points or just every bar would be ideal.

If this concept doesn't exist within cTrader, would it be possible to be put down on the to-do's for the devs?

btw, when i mean sim trade i don't mean running a cBot but visually running through historical data as if were real-time but faster.

Many thanks

22 Feb 2015, 19:49RE:#2
OldDirty Pipsterposts: 87since: 18 Apr 2014

Yes. Tools such as this do exist, but are extremely expensive. Sorry.

usynn said:

Hi there, is it possible for us to be able to backtest/run a simulator which runs through tick data and simulates historical data as if it were happening in real time. There are many such simulators for MT4 where you can speed up and slow down the simulator. I usually use MT4 for simulator trading but I've created my own custom indicator with cAlgo and would like to sim trade in cTrader with historical data. Also, the ability to use tick-data, certain points or just every bar would be ideal.

If this concept doesn't exist within cTrader, would it be possible to be put down on the to-do's for the devs?

btw, when i mean sim trade i don't mean running a cBot but visually running through historical data as if were real-time but faster.

Many thanks

 


Shame on you when you stepped through to, The OldDirty Pipster - Brooklyn!!!
23 Feb 2015, 14:20#3
Carlos Duarteposts: 38since: 16 Jan 2015

Get signed up something similar in http://vote.spotware.com/
If not, register there your idea.


Robots do not cry!
26 Feb 2015, 20:43RE: RE:#4
usynnposts: 13since: 13 Feb 2015

So, spotware have a system that can do this? How much is it

olddirtypipster said:

Yes. Tools such as this do exist, but are extremely expensive. Sorry.

usynn said:

Hi there, is it possible for us to be able to backtest/run a simulator which runs through tick data and simulates historical data as if it were happening in real time. There are many such simulators for MT4 where you can speed up and slow down the simulator. I usually use MT4 for simulator trading but I've created my own custom indicator with cAlgo and would like to sim trade in cTrader with historical data. Also, the ability to use tick-data, certain points or just every bar would be ideal.

If this concept doesn't exist within cTrader, would it be possible to be put down on the to-do's for the devs?

btw, when i mean sim trade i don't mean running a cBot but visually running through historical data as if were real-time but faster.

Many thanks

 

 

26 Feb 2015, 20:47RE:#5
usynnposts: 13since: 13 Feb 2015

thanks for the tip, there's a guy called Lukas who already did create a request and i commented and upvoted it. he's called it trade symulation

cjdduarte said:

Get signed up something similar in http://vote.spotware.com/
If not, register there your idea.

 

27 Oct 2018, 06:57#6
nguyendan81985posts: 8since: 24 Oct 2018

hi guy,

 

any update for this issue?

29 Oct 2018, 11:12#7
Panagiotis Charalampousposts: 1631since: 13 Jan 2017

Hi nguyendan81985,

You can check Visual Backtesting which included in Spotware Beta.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis


Head of Community Management at cTrader
09 Nov 2018, 04:08RE:#8
nguyendan81985posts: 8since: 24 Oct 2018

thanks, I'm trying, but in visual backtesting, There is not function to open BUY/sell position, Right?

 

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi nguyendan81985,

You can check Visual Backtesting which included in Spotware Beta.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

 

09 Nov 2018, 10:56#9
Panagiotis Charalampousposts: 1631since: 13 Jan 2017

Hi nguyendan81985,

No, it is only used for testing automated strategies.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis


Head of Community Management at cTrader