Lock price scale
Lock price scale
No one likes Trading View, but they have good price scale locking options. Please consider something similar. Respectfully.
The problem with cTrader Desktop is that:
1. the price scale resets to show all objects, for example, user horizontal trendlines or Pivots/Sup/Res from indicators far above and below price. This flattens price action to a thin line within a huge scale.
2. The scale resets as a result of numerous normal user chart manipulation actions in the middle of a trading session.
3. The scale then has to be re-set. To do so you need to first click-drag the chart background to "release" the price scale, then click-drag the price scale to re-scale in manually.
It is a slow and repeated interface hassle throughout a trading session. Please remember some of us are still old-style screen-time hands-on chart day traders :)
I persist in making suggestions for your platform because cTrader is the multi-broker platform future. MT4/5 is not. NT is not. We are hoping for great things in 3-5 years time.
Examples of VERY common user actions which cause the price scale to resize and show all objects on screen, thus squashing price action to a thin band:
- scrolling chart with mouse wheel
- opening trade monitor window at the bottom of the screen
- zooming the chart
- changing time frame/ticks/pips of the bars
I'll bet there are more.
Seems this might have been caused by a 3rd party Pivot level indicator.
Would still be very nice if we could lock the price scale so that a workspace always opens with the same scale.
Yes, totally support damian8's idea. I would like to see price scale locking function in cTrader as well.
The services provided by Spotware Systems Ltd. are not available to citizens or residents of the USA. Neither is the information on our websites directed toward soliciting citizens or residents of the USA.