cTrader and cAlgo use an excesive amount of memory

completedcTrader
Votes

PaulKersey since: 22 Oct 2015;

20 Jun 2019, 10:06
cTrader and cAlgo use an excesive amount of memory

Both applications seem to have problems freeing memory. When having several charts open it becomes a big problem since it uses all the RAM memory available in your computer (I have tried with up to 4GB).

The issue becomes more evident when you leave the application running for several hours. The problem does not seem to be having too many bars in the background of each chart but how the objects and structures handling this information are being treated in the code.

This is a main issue and a great disadvantage over other trading platforms.

11 Nov 2015, 07:21

Поддерживаю данное предложение о разгрузке оперативной памяти.

Timmi since: 04 Nov 2013;

12 Nov 2015, 20:14

Memory leakage is a bad problem, symptomatic of hasty programming.

matios.mori@nifty.com since: 18 Nov 2015;

24 Nov 2015, 05:51

I have same problem. I always leave 24h cTrader terminal Scalping trade on my PC. But it may be after about 2 hour passed, disp system error message 'not enough memory' and only cTrader was down. My setting is 4type currency pair chart (EURUSD/USDJPY/GBPUSD/EURGBP) and set cBot(Golden Dragon). My PC spec is over 2.0GB memory remained before run cTrader. Add information is no technical chart setting.Please give me some adovise how to continue running day scalping trade on cTrader terminal.

24 Nov 2015, 19:57

I am currently using a i7-4820K 3.7GHz processor with 32GB of RAM and SSD drive.
The issue persists. It is a great platform so hopefully this issue is taken care off soon.

ctdn_voter since: 14 Jun 2019;

02 Dec 2015, 03:52

agreed this is one of the biggest flaws of the platform Memory leakage is a bad problem, symptomatic of hasty programming.

07 Dec 2015, 12:46

Since the last update, cTrader loads less bars in the background of the chart. This has decreased the use of memory and it has made the software a bit less "heavy". However, it has not solved the issue completely.
It seems like Spotware is aware of the situation and hopefully the software keeps been optimized on future updates.

30 Dec 2015, 11:05

I dont have any issues with memory leaks. I run ctrader on number of machines, the strongest being newest i7 and the weakest Z proc with 2G memory. On all of them ctrader can run for long time.

30 Dec 2015, 11:30

This is an answer to the previous comment:
I am currently using a i7-4820K 3.7GHz processor with 32GB of RAM and SSD drive. On powerful machines, the memory management issue is more evident on high volatility (news releases) when you are running more than one instance of cTrader or you are running one instance of cTrader with several charts for a long time (around 1 day or more).

In the last 2 updates sportware has reduced the impact of this issue by limiting the number of background bars. This solution is working good so far. I hope our comments help the developers make this excellent application even better. Regards.

30 Dec 2015, 13:21

Paul,

usually I will run 1-2 instances od ctrader (sometimes more) with multiple charts and 1 calgo with robots. Those run 24/5, shutdown on weekend. No issue. Never had "memory error" message. Right now I am running ctrader or mere z-cpu tablet with whole 2G RAM with 7 charts, still no leak. Btw, real help for developers would be contact them directly and start debuging your issues.