What's New in cTrader Automate API 3.6

03 Sep 2019, 09:26What's New in cTrader Automate API 3.6#11
Panagiotis Charalampousposts: 3552since: 13 Jan 2017

lec0456 said:

I don't want to rain on anyones parade  but this update gives the impression like some technology loving kid is running development having fun with all the "cool" things he can do, adding more bell and whistles. But! multi sysmbol backtesting is the one and only thing that he should be working on.  We have been waiting on this for years, it has the potential to make users money and it would give your software a competative advantage over your competitors. My suggestion, Put this developer kid in the basement at cTrader head quarter and don't let him out until he has finished the multi currency backtesting update!!!!!

Hi lec0456,

Multicurrency backtesting is coming in 3.7.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Head of Community Management at cTrader
04 Sep 2019, 19:40RE: RE:#12
tmfdposts: 19since: 20 Feb 2014

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

lec0456 said:

I don't want to rain on anyones parade  but this update gives the impression like some technology loving kid is running development having fun with all the "cool" things he can do, adding more bell and whistles. But! multi sysmbol backtesting is the one and only thing that he should be working on.  We have been waiting on this for years, it has the potential to make users money and it would give your software a competative advantage over your competitors. My suggestion, Put this developer kid in the basement at cTrader head quarter and don't let him out until he has finished the multi currency backtesting update!!!!!

Hi lec0456,

Multicurrency backtesting is coming in 3.7.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Any eta on 3.7?  Even weeks or months?  Thanks

09 Sep 2019, 09:44#13

Hi tmfd,

It should be weeks.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

02 Oct 2019, 16:55#14
Tatsuyaposts: 9since: 08 Apr 2019

Do we ever get 3.6? What's the hold up?

It's been almost 3 months since you introduced 3.6 to spotware cTrader.

02 Oct 2019, 16:58#15

Hi Tatsuya,

3.6 has already been released to some brokers. It should be avalable soon to all cTrader brokers.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

02 Oct 2019, 17:04RE:#16
Tatsuyaposts: 9since: 08 Apr 2019

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Tatsuya,

3.6 has already been released to some brokers. It should be avalable soon to all cTrader brokers.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Good to hear,thanks for an instant reply!

03 Oct 2019, 20:45#17
Amaizing posts: 1since: 26 May 2019

Any news on the performance of the cTrader program? I notice the newer versions are much slower, also backtesting becomes very sluggish....

04 Oct 2019, 05:49#18
GoldnOil750posts: 94since: 07 Apr 2015

Hi,

the new version is highly unstable and eating around 1.3 GB Memory and upto 40% of CPU time (it fluctuates a lot)....   ver 3.5 was ok and more stable.  Have attached the screen shot of the cTrader ver 3.6 from TradersWay compared to ver 3.5 from IC Market and FxPro and you can see how much memory and CPU % each is using....

only one chart is opened on TradersWay cTrader Platform ver 3.5 while FxPRo and IC Markets have many charts and indicators attached. Have un-installed and re-installed the TradersWay cTrader ver 3.6 platform also but no improvement...  right now the market is very calm but still it is highly CPU hungry....

I am using core i7 4th gen CPU with 16GB mem and a SSD hard drive.  

hope Spotware fixes this issue before more Broker release this version or if Spotware and others can attach a screen shot of the memory usage from different brokers and maybe something is wrong at TradersWay Brokers cTrader platform...

Regards,

SKhan

07 Oct 2019, 03:38RE:#19
FireMystposts: 183since: 26 Mar 2019

GoldnOil750 said:

Hi,

the new version is highly unstable and eating around 1.3 GB Memory and upto 40% of CPU time (it fluctuates a lot)....   ver 3.5 was ok and more stable.  Have attached the screen shot of the cTrader ver 3.6 from TradersWay compared to ver 3.5 from IC Market and FxPro and you can see how much memory and CPU % each is using....

only one chart is opened on TradersWay cTrader Platform ver 3.5 while FxPRo and IC Markets have many charts and indicators attached. Have un-installed and re-installed the TradersWay cTrader ver 3.6 platform also but no improvement...  right now the market is very calm but still it is highly CPU hungry....

I am using core i7 4th gen CPU with 16GB mem and a SSD hard drive.  

hope Spotware fixes this issue before more Broker release this version or if Spotware and others can attach a screen shot of the memory usage from different brokers and maybe something is wrong at TradersWay Brokers cTrader platform...

Regards,

SKhan

I think what SpotWare should consider implementing is a way to clear out previous indicator data when running bots, or limit the range of data stored.

For example, create a bot and load any indicator. It will possible have data from well over 2000 ticks ago in the IndicatorDataSeries object. Now imagine your bot uses at least 3 indicators. That sucks up memory, and subsequently CPU time to navigate the object to find data.

The majority of bots I've seen don't bother or even look at data from more than 8 hours ago, so we should be given a way to clear that data out to reduce memory and cpu footprint.

07 Oct 2019, 10:25#20
GoldnOil750posts: 94since: 07 Apr 2015

I sincerely believe that Spotware should look inwards by start comparing their PLATFORM with another platform like MT4 interms of performance and execution speed rather than in terms of beauty....

still today during a little volatility the platform will freeze and will not let you do anything....  by adding a few indicators and multiple chart the Platform overall response time increases and one experiences frequent delays....

I think its time that they do a side by side comparison of their Platform with MT4 in terms of performance with multiple charts, indicators and during news time...  and I am sure within minutes you will know where your Platform stands....

No#1 thing every real trader wants is smotth performance without any freezes or slowing down due to multiple chart or indicators.....  

anyways, I am saying that for number of years but still haven't seen any improvement in performance....    the GUI and few features are very good and very trader friendly.